Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

My front derailleur won't work

My front dérailleur does not work. It won't shift properly. A fairly new, good, groupset and not long ago, the bike visited the LBS for a service.

So why won't it work? Why does everything have to be so difficult? Why can't I just jump on and ride? Spent enough for that to just, happen.

Nothing on this earth leaves me with the euphoria and ecstasy I feel after jumping off a road bike. Sure, MTBing/BMXing or Copenhagening down the road carrying a bread stick come close.

But it is just not the same.  After a road ride, you have to check yourself a few times to make sure you haven't grown wings.

A driver nearly clips me. My gears crunch, yet again.

I get off, throw my bike toward the car.

I AM HERE!

I EXIST!

I AM JUST HAVING TROUBLE.....

.....with my gears.

Tinker with this and that. Dog wears camouflage. Still not right.

Have a week off. Things just won't work.

Everything is there. For me, to just jump on. And soar.

But I wait for the crunch. Because it always comes.

1 comment:

  1. just put one ring in the front

    why didn't you think of that?

    ReplyDelete