Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

That's so TDF - All Out of Love

BMC 2 - Sky 0 

Picture of Wiggins enjoying Stage 1 

1.   BMC = Bad ass
      Sky =  not so bad ass

      BMC 1, Team Sky 0

2.  BMC: have won a GT before and piloted Evans yesterday like a team of bosses
Sky: showed nervy Stage 1 jitters - Rogers crashed at a moment in the race where he quite possibly should have been a bit closer to the front, Porte AND Knees went back for Froome who had punctured, EBH, Cavendish and Eisel were, well, EBH, Cav and Eisel, and I didn't spot Sistov.

SBS earlier tonight showed footage of Wiggins chucking a tantrum at the bus after yesterday's stage. It could've been because he didn't have any vents in his helmet and his head got a bit hot, or he wants Sky, i.e.
management, to back him 100%. Either way, that kind of reaction shows BMC and Team Sky are chip, chip, chipping away Wiggo's at resolve.

BMC 2 - Team Sky 0

Erecting Dysfunction

This week brought the sad news of the death of Nora Ephron, writer of When Harry Met Sally and You've Got Mail. I was even more shocked that the woman who wrote the fake orgasm scene was the same age as my Mum as I grew up with my Mum and could safely guess they had quite different lifestyles. I was even more shocked to hear my tipsy mother at my parents' wedding anniversary tell us about my father's virility earlier that day. My 71 year old Dad watches the Tour and therefore the advertisement for products combating erectile dysfunction during the SBS coverage can't be for his demographic. For non Australians, let me tell you: it's a touching ad. A guy and a woman garden a lot and walk across a bridge over a pond as it's being built before their eyes. And it will be shown during the #SBSTDF coverage at almost every ad break.

I also know it and most of the ads during the SBS coverage aren't aimed at my demographic either as I'm 35 and a woman who likes cycling (and no, I'm not going to the Bike and Lifestyle Show in Sydney either because after getting in free last year when the tickets were over $20, I won't pay $18 when I can visit the Velosophy shop or the CELL website, and watch MTB and BMX on Cycling Central for free). So of course that leaves only one group it must be aimed at; MAMILS.

Isn't that making some huge assumptions? That weekend warriors spend so much time in the saddle it's affecting  that area? That the partners of middle age males riding every day are still wanting to have sex with them given they're not being put first in the relationship? That they want to eat at Sizzler and buy entry level Avanti bikes?

If it is a problem for some MAMILs out there, to save money, I suggest looking at this picture to add inches to your virility through osmosis, can you feel his energy:


(Liquigas Cannondale TwitPic)


Or you could rifle through Jens' draws:



Jens posted this photo of his suitcase on Twitter a few days ago. Shortly after, sales of Blinker among middle aged men hit a record high.

Speaking of Jens, @cycleboredom posted this video of a US TDF commercial the other day:






Pervy USADA 


Lance Armstrong posted this photo below of an unknown USADA review board member in an attempt to sully his reputation and paint an image that he's a weird little man. I'm pretty sure the women in this photo aren't either of the Olsen twins.




Love Songs and Dedications 


This one goes out to Frank and Andy:




The lyrics say it all:
I'm lying alone with my head on the phone
Thinking of you till it hurts
I know you hurt too but what else can we do
Tormented and torn apart
I wish I could carry your smile and my heart
For times when my life feels so low
It would make me believe what tomorrow could bring
When today doesn't really know, doesn't really know

[Chorus:]
I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you
I know you were right believing for so long
I'm all out of love, what am I without you
I can't be too late to say that I was so wrong

I want you to come back and carry me home
Away from this long lonely nights








No comments:

Post a Comment