Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Snarky Couch Snacks: Fair is Foul and Foul is Fair*

It was rather odd the first time we heard Froome may be unhappy at Sky was through a bitchy tweet to Mrs Wiggo from Michelle Cound, who since Wiggins' outburst I can't help thinking it has a T in place of a D, no offence meant there to Ms Cound.

I can't help thinking this was perhaps her reaction when Froome signed for another three years after the Vuelta:

What thou art promised: yet do I fear thy nature;
It is too full o' the milk of human kindness
To catch the nearest way: thou wouldst be great;
Art not without ambition, but without
The illness should attend it: what thou wouldst highly,
That wouldst thou holily; wouldst not play false,
And yet wouldst wrongly win: thou'ldst have, great Glamis,
That which cries 'Thus thou must do, if thou have it;
And that which rather thou dost fear to do
Than wishest should be undone.' Hie thee hither,
That I may pour my spirits in thine ear;
And chastise with the valour of my tongue
All that impedes thee from the golden round,
Which fate and metaphysical aid doth seem
To have thee crown'd withal.
And as she saw the Tour unfold and Froome being, as she calls it, a loyal dog (and that cats are better than dogs), did she say this:

Was the hope drunk
Wherein you dress'd yourself? hath it slept since?
And wakes it now, to look so green and pale
At what it did so freely? From this time
Such I account thy love. Art thou afeard
To be the same in thine own act and valour
As thou art in desire? Wouldst thou have that
Which thou esteem'st the ornament of life,
And live a coward in thine own esteem,
Letting 'I dare not' wait upon 'I would,'
Like the poor cat i' the adage? .....
What beast was't, then,
That made you break this enterprise to me?
When you durst do it, then you were a man;
And, to be more than what you were, you would
Be so much more the man. Nor time nor place
Did then adhere, and yet you would make both:
They have made themselves, and that their fitness now
Does unmake you. I have given suck, and know
How tender 'tis to love the babe that milks me:
I would, while it was smiling in my face,
Have pluck'd my nipple from his boneless gums,
And dash'd the brains out, had I so sworn as you
Have done to this.

His reaction. Peyragudes.

While Froome may not have the crown this year, he perhaps may not be at Sky come 2013 (via @cyclingfans):
"Froome didn't listen to me. He was clumsy and tactless on Peyragudes. He has a lot to learn." (Sean Yates, Sky, L'Equipe) And:

L'Equipe: "Is it true Froome asked (before St 11) if he could attack 3km from finish on La Toussuire?" - Yates: "I won't comment on that"

Is this what Miche...I mean, they wanted, almost near approval from Sky to #freefroome from his multi million dollar dog pound? Were they just team shopping? If he does go, it will be interesting to see how he performs as the "leader" of another team. But from the looks of this picture surely he will miss Wiggo:
 
Looks like rumours (AKA Holm talks to the media) are in full swing for Cavendish leaving Sky for OQPS. But that guy is more loyal than Froome so this is still hard to believe, although it would make sense. If he does leave, this year's Tour didn't mean it was a mistake for Cav to be there this year, he needed Sky and all things access all areas Team GB for the Olympics.


Anyway, all this Michelle Cound stuff has taught me that if my husband doesn't a get a pay rise or the recognition he deserves next year, I'm going to say something on Twitter about it or in a public forum his boss and his company is sure to see. After all, fair is foul and foul is fair.

I hope there's vision of the Sky after party especially if it goes like this: (in Australia, we would probably call it Scrag Wars):



Please note: @brassyn on twitter gave me the idea for Michelle as Lady Macbeth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment