Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

That's so Couch: Giro/Not Giro

King of silly trophies

After winning the Giro Mountain Time Trial yesterday in a sterling performance, Garzelli gets more stuff for his dress-ups cupboard:


He pocketed this after winning Tirenno this year:


"Forget filthy tainted luchre, this is why I ride" - Garzelli may or may not have been heard to say. 


The Passerinis National Lampoon's Vacation

The Passerinis set off on a Griswald style adventure to cheer Cadel on at the Giro.  It all started out nice "About to put things on camper van to leave to #Giro.Dad called saying"Bring lots of clothes!"-did he mean for the cold of was he ironic??"

Here's a pic before they started out


But Chiara should've really listened to her Dad because she ran out of clothes and was forced to wear whatever she found on the front of the campvervan:  "Getting very cloudy and freezing up here-but the Aussie flag is keeping me warm!"   

Then they discovered the real joys of caravanning:  "I didn't expect it, but people here are really UNfriendly-especially if you are in a campervan."  I'm suspecting the nasty folk were carnies who made balloon...erm...bikes:


Here's some more carnies:


Then, conditions worsened:   "@CadelOfficial :o) ran out of water on camper,we're a bit stinky!do u still want us to come? Molly is the scented one now"

Cadel pulled a face:


No water, no clothes, again, Chiara chose clothes off the front of the campervan:


Chiara was surprised by the positive tweets she received so she decided to launch a new line of cycling supporter wear.  Couch prefers Chiara's to Johan's:


Not long after, these two were spotted talking.    


The feds through their secret microphones picked this up:   
Johan: "How do we stop Mrs Cadel? I can't dare have a competitor, I'll be out of a job soon,fashion design is all I have."
Pat: (inaudible) 
Johan: "3 fiddy?  I gave you 3 fiddy last week."
Pat: (inaudible)
Johan: Don't be daft, I can't use sponsors resources for that...can I?"

Chiara and the folks got home safe, but after an altercation.  The feds got this photo:


and this on the tape "Hand over the Cadel flag"

Spot the difference

California - where from all accounts on twitter etc the crowds on the Mulholland Freeway were two-three deep, "just like the grand tours."



An actual grand tour:


Floyd hands over video evidence from US Postal Days

Turns out Floyd did have evidence, here’s a video from the US Postal days. He may or may not be narrating.



Landis goes on to say:
I chose not to choose life: I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who need reasons when you've got winning?

Lance said to me that People think it's all about misery and desperation and death and all that shite, which is not to be ignored, but what they forget is the pleasure of it. Otherwise we wouldn't do it. After all, we're not fucking stupid. At least, we're not that fucking stupid. Take the best orgasm you ever had, multiply it by a thousand and you're still nowhere near it. When you're winning, you have only one worry: winning again. When you're not winning you are suddenly obliged to worry about all sorts of other shite.

We joked "we would've injected “orange juice” if only they'd made it illegal."

So why did I do it? I could offer a million answers, all false. The truth is that I'm a bad person, but that's going to change, I'm going to change. This is the last of this sort of thing. I'm cleaning up and I'm moving on, going straight and choosing life. I'm looking forward to it already. I'm going to be just like you: the job, the family, the fucking big television, the washing machine, the car, the compact disc and electrical tin opener, good health, low cholesterol, dental insurance, mortgage, starter home, leisurewear, luggage, three-piece suite, DIY, game shows, junk food, children, walks in the park, nine to five, good at golf, washing the car, choice of sweaters, family Christmas, indexed pension, tax exemption, clearing the gutters, getting by, looking ahead, to the day you die.

(with thanks to Trainspotting for the quotes and for Chiara's twitpics.  Other photos I can't remember where I got them from but no doubt from Giro's facebook page, Cycling news etc etc)

1 comment: