Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

In his own words (originally posted Aug 30 2009)

In his own words...

..or at least they’re attributed to Haussler on Ozcycling.com 26 August 2009

“That is totally untrue. It’s a dream of mine to ride for Australia, and I still definitely want to go through with it.

My goal is to carry this year’s good form into next year, and focus on riding the World Championships in Geelong as an Australian, I was born in Australia and I really want to represent Australia

I’ll even look at skipping the 2010 Tour de France to concentrate on using the Vuelta to prepare for next year’s Worlds, that’s how serious I am about riding well at home in Australia.

It’s a bit silly to think that because of my sport, I might have to give up my dual nationality.

If the UCI can look into the ruling perhaps they can amend it so it doesn’t affect the rest of my life.

I have no problem with not being allowed to ever ride for Germany again but to have to relinquish a nationality is pretty tough!

I think the UCI understand my case and I’m hoping we can come up with a positive solution soon”

No comments:

Post a Comment