Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Update


Tour de Laundry Progress – 675kms – 325kms to go - 6 days remain
Great news – a kind colleague has lent me a better indoor trainer which has resistance etc, less vibrating whirring, and I’m still going as fast as I was on the cheaper one.
Bad news – it hurts more….
(Last night – I rode 3 hours – 75kms to make up for an unscheduled TDL rest night Sunday)

It’s been a long week and I feel like I’ve been through the wringer. My partner’s 5 year old came to visit for her first time away from her mum and her first week with her father. It’s been a long road to get to this point, I was not saying no to her asking me to spend time with her. Result – exhaustion. How do you parents do it?

Combine this exhaustion with watching the tour (bar one stage – the most eventful really) and riding most nights plus worrying about work deadlines for this week, and I haven’t been keeping up with the blog. After reading some comments by some cycling people it turns out that probably is a good outcome for us all. But I’ve been heartened to see them get it so wrong too. And excuse my Armstrong like arrogance but this article of mine still cracks me up. http://su.pr/23Lu0u

However, I do get their point and ponder, well, what am I adding? But then I soon pump my fists in the air like Contador on the podium at Verbier and go “Meh, what are they adding too?” They’re scratching a certain niche, I’ll scratch...me.

No comments:

Post a Comment