Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Stage 6 Girona to Barcelona 181.5km

Lumpy porridge start, small climb up to the finish. A breakaway will probably hold. Someone with hard acceleration up a short climb – French: a puncheur – should get this one. That’s quite a few in the peloton though. I’m too tired to even go for a wild pick. Which sprinters and their teams could take this one?

There are category four climbs at Cote de Sant Feliu de Guixols, Cote de Tossa de Mar, and Cote de la Conreria; category three at Cote de Sant Vicenç de Montalt and Collsacreu. Three sprints out on the course.

I read that some think it could end in a GC contender sprint like last year in Plumelec. But that was Stage 1. It did make 1% of my tired and addled brain think Cadel might try it on…yeah, I know, bye bye I’m going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment